Small Space with Super Style

I love decorating and organization.  I have piles of Better Homes and Gardens special edition magazines with ideas for a home I won't have for years to come.  Trying to make a dorm room look like more than a mess of colors and junk can be challenging, but it is doable.  It's difficult to do much with a dorm room because of the limited space, and that is where organization comes in so very handy!  So if you have no organization skills, I suggest you get some.  But that is for another post.  Here are just a some of my favorite dorm decor that I have found via HGTV's Rate My Space:

Photo Credit: "Sophomore Year Retreat" uploaded by kelseyandshauna
Very cute and simple;  this space is very homey!
Photo Credit: "My Daughter's Dorm Room" uploaded by classicTR
This is just incredibly impressive.  To have such a small area look so neat and put together is quite a feat and they did amazingly well.
Photo Credit: "Unique Chic" uploaded by Marble Falls Mom
I just really like how this area was arranged, with the desk at the foot of the bed and the makeshift shelving headboard.  The curtains are a great touch!  Those would come in handy during nap time!
Photo Credit: "UGA Brumby Dorm" uploaded by slawrence727
Very organized under loft area;  the general idea is to put your desk underneath your loft, but this works amazingly well!  I also love the black curtains on the side so the area can be hid when/if it gets messy.

Photo Credit: "Dorm Sweet Dorm" uploaded by spoindexter
This is so very organized and neat!  I like how they put up a little divider between the bed and the desk to separate the areas out.  

Photo Credit: "My Daughter's First Home Away from Home..." uploaded by creativechristine
This is a great idea if you are going to have a roommate; my roommate and I tried this out at the last minute this past year and we wish we would have had it like that all year long!  Huge space saver.


AND MUCH MORE TO COME!!